The Rowan College at Gloucester County Athletic Department is proud to have a tradition of championship athletics. Over the years some of the top contributors have been inducted into the Roadrunner Sports Hall of Fame. In the Rowan College at Gloucester County Gymnasium there is a wall display of the Hall of Fame members as well.
RCSJ Gloucester will honor the following inductees in its Class of 2019:
- Dimitri Athans, a former Kingsway Regional High tennis standout who became a two-time Roadrunner All-American. He will become the first men's tennis former athlete to be inducted into the Roadrunner Hall of Fame.
- Greg Chew, star pitcher and draft pick as a player and Assistant Coach with Roadrunner Baseball program winning National Championships with Coach Davis and Valli.
- Dr. Abiola Majekundunmi, a former Clayton High School track standout in the sprints and throws and two-time national champion for Roadrunner Track and field.
- Kristina Morgan, an Audubon High alumna and inspirational MVP and winning pitchers in the 2011 and 2012 NJCAA National Championship games captured by the Runners.
To be honored as Legends will be the following long-time Roadrunner Athletics staff members:
- Bob Fredrick, a Hall of Fame Paulsboro High wrestling coach and athletic director;
- Wayne Murschell, a former Pitman High wrestling coach and athletic director; and
- Fred Swartz, former football coach, track official, athletic director and sports announcer in Gloucester County.
"We are excited to honor this talented class of inductees into the Roadrunner Athletic Hall of Fame," Executive Director of Athletics Brian Rowan said. "Each of these individuals have made significant contributions to the college's history of national success in junior college athletics."
In addition, six teams will be recognized at the dinner for their NJCAA National Championship performances:
- 1999 and 2000 Baseball National Championship Teams to be introduced by Hall of Fame coach Barry Davis.
- 1999 and 2000 Wrestling National Championship Team to be introduced by Hall of Fame coach Mike Lamb.
- 2010 Baseball National Championship Team to be introduced by current Rowan University coach Mike Dickson.
- 2010 Men's Tennis National Championship Team to be introduced by Roadrunner coach and Athletic Director Brian Rowan.
The Class of 2019 will be announced on Friday, October 11, 2019 via RCRoadrunners.com and our social media @RCRoadrunners. Our induction ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday, November 20, 2019 at 6:00pm at Adelphia's in Deptford, NJ. Purchase your tickets here...